Agile transformation is the process of shifting an organization to agile ways of working. This means applying the philosophy behind agile software development to teamwork, collaboration, processes, and measurement. Broadly speaking, agile companies strive to be streamlined and efficient. They avoid rigid processes and minimize bureaucracy, silos, and delays. Cross-functional teams work incrementally and pivot based on customer feedback and business needs. The ultimate goal is to deliver value faster and improve customer experiences ¹.
Some of the benefits of agile transformation include increased efficiency, tighter focus on collaboration and interaction between teams ³, continuously improving on and delivering value for customers, enhanced operational performance visibility ⁴, breaking down team barriers, encouraging collaboration and autonomy ⁵. Companies that are able to tailor agile effectively to their unique situation can enjoy increased output, fewer inefficiencies, and higher team engagement ¹.
(1) What is Agile Transformation? Types, Benefits, and Six Areas of Change …. https://www.aha.io/roadmapping/guide/agile/agile-transformation.
(2) What Is Agile Transformation? Definition, Benefits and Key Stages. https://airfocus.com/glossary/what-is-agile-transformation/.
(3) Here are the Organisational Benefits of Agile Transformation. https://www.1ovmany.com/insights/benefits-of-agile-transformation/.
(4) What is Agile Transformation | Definition, Benefits, and Process. https://projectmanagementacademy.net/resources/blog/what-is-agile-transformation/.
(5) Agile advantages – McKinsey & Company. https://www.mckinsey.com/featured-insights/sustainable-inclusive-growth/chart-of-the-day/agile-advantages.